Saturday, April 11, 2009

Hey, Hey There Mr. Policeman!

So, I was fortunate enough the other night to go on a ride along with my friend on the Henderson Police Department. It was so much fun! We had quite a bit of action and it was awesome! We started the night by pulling a guy over that I noticed had run a red light...also, the little terd was going like 15 over the speed limit. We ended up letting him go with a warning but it was in time to get a call that there was someone trying to break into a subway roof. We gunned the engine and flew there! It's crazy being allowed to drive that fast. When we got there, my friend got his automatic rifle out and we went around the back to watch out for someone. I was pretty much defenseless but regardless I just chilled back behind him...I was super excited! After about a half our and a dog search, they decided that they were going to get on the roof, thanks to the fire department. At that point, I had to wait in the car but it ended up that the guy got away but not before stealing some copper wiring from Subway.

Shortly after, now about 2 am, we were called to assist another officer as he did a field sobriety test on some mexicans. I guess they had just gotten done at a late night fiesta. The actually still had some beers in the car. We ended up getting the car towed and the driver got arrested for being under the influence...this ended up being his second dui in two months! It was really awesome to see him get tested and then get arrested.


We did have multiple other calls to get to but probably my favorite one of the night was right after our lunch ended at 4am. We had gotten a call that there was a man unconscious on the sidewalk. We were the closest ones, so we had to find him. We were driving around the neighborhood and I noticed him laying up there on the sidewalk...he totally looked dead! But when we opened the doors to go check on him, I could instantly smell the alcohol and totally hear him SNORING!! haha, it was funny.
Well, the officer we had backed up during the DUI had showed up and him and my friend started calling at the guy to wake up and he wasn't moving so they started to shake him and nudge him but it was a no go. So the other officer went and grabbed a bottle of water and walked over and poured it on the dudes face from about 3 feet up! The guy still wasn't moving! So he took the bottle and poured the rest of it on his face and he finally started moving a little. After a while he got up and we found out that he just lived down the street and couldn't make it there. We made him walk home and that was it.
Anyway, that was my night and it was a lot of fun. I really want to go again.
-Corey

2 comments:

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

Sounds pretty exciting. Keep us posted on your journey to get to be Mr. Policeman.

Anonymous said...

good photos. what is mr. policeman.

Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step