Thursday, April 29, 2010

She's Here

Hi everyone! We made it home. Brooklyn Avery Stockhoff was born at 2:09 AM on Tuesday, April 27th. She weighed 7 lbs 10 oz and was 18 in long. When we left the hospital yesterday she weighed 7 lbs 1 oz. She is so beautiful and such a good baby. Corey and I couldn't be happier.

For those of you that don't know I was scheduled to be induced at 7:30 AM on Monday, April 26th, my due date! Well the day started out rather interesting. We received a call at about 6:00 AM from the hospital asking us to come in at 10:30 AM instead because at the time they had 3 mom's in labor. So Corey and I went and ate breakfast to pass the time. Finally it was time to go in. I started the pitocin at about 12:15 and I started having regular contractions pretty quickly after that.

Once they were regulated they broke my water and then I really started feeling the contractions. I ended up getting my first epidural at about 4.5 - 5 cm. For those who don't know I ended up getting a grand total of 4 epidurals! The first one had to be completely restarted because i felt a shock and jerked my back. The second time I was being really brave but just wen he was almost done a fly landed on the sterile equipment so we obviously had to again start completely over. The nurse said in the 14 years she worked at the hospital she had never seen a fly in the delivery room! The third epidural only numbed my right side so for about an hour or so i could still feel contractions on the left side. AWFUL! Then the nurse suggested that I get a completely new epidural so after a blessing from Corey and the anesthesiologist the forth epidural was a success! Thank heavens. After that the next few hours were a breeze.

It was finally time to push. I ended up pushing for a little over 2 hours nonstop every 2-3 minutes. Just as the Dr showed up he realized that the cord was wrapped around Brooklyn's body sort of like a seat belt so quickly they got the vacuum and pulled her out. I was so happy he came when he did because at that point I could basically feel everything because the epidural was mostly worn off.

Well that was basically the birth in a nutshell. Everything now is going great. We are so happy and she is so worth it. Here are some pictures. :)




















6 comments:

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

She is so cute...also cute blanket...haha.

Chad, Natalie, Russell, and Autumn said...

Awwww....
We are glad that you are all doing well. We can't wait to see her and get to know her!

We are here for you!

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

Cute little lady!

John~Chelsey~Enorah~Dash said...

I love her!!! & you guys too!!! Congrats again :) :)!!

Stockhoff Family said...

She is perfection! What a story to tell in the years to come!! Gotta love a good birth story.

greg stockhoff said...

congrats guys...we love you!